Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Cleaning Super 8 Film

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Heavenlykeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2003
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    I have some super 8 film that I plan on transfering to DVD. Before I start transfering I was wanting to clean and condition the film. I am looking for imformation on the best way I can do this.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello Heavenly Keys. It's an honor to have your first Hostboard post!

    I only have a moment right now but if you use the search function on this forum and type in cleaning Super-8 you should get a topic or two to show up.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Actor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2000
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I use "Anti-Stat Film Cleaner" by Edwal..it is the tetrachloroethylene type, the bottle says it cleans and Lubricates...it works very well, I didn't know about the rubber glove part, I'll have to start wearing those. It dries pretty fast, so I clean an area, wait a few secs for it to dry, then move onto the next area...

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ghost4's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by MikeyB:
    [QB]I use "Anti-Stat Film Cleaner" by Edwal"...

    Any idea if Edwal has a website, or if this cleaner can be purchased online?

  6. #6
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I did a Google search and Edwal seemed to turn up quite a bit. B & H photo appears to have it, as do other mail order houses.

    Maybe someone has a concrete link. Make that a nerf link, around here one never knows. [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •